About Our Program
Program Highlights: Easy to Teach
- Fire Fighters and Volunteers are trained and tested in an easy to access online tool.
- Extend the reach of your organization by training the trainers – they can spread the safety message for you.
- Schools, Hospitals, Museums, Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCAs have all received the program and LOVE it.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Continuous Learning – A Parent Guide/Activity Book is taken home by each child so parents and siblings in the household also learn valuable prevention messages.
- Teachers love Milo & Moxie! Each teacher receives a Milo & Moxie book to add to their reading library and a large classroom poster to provide continuous reinforcement of the rules and lessons.
- NEW Animated Milo & Moxie video allows for teaching the book and lessons for a large scale presentation to several classrooms at once.
- 3 different ways to teach the program
- Classroom teaching includes reading the oversized Big Book to the class and playing interactive games to reinforce the lessons.
- Animated video used for teaching more than one class or a large group of students at one time.
- One on one teaching including health fairs or at a hospital bed when volunteers distribute a mini book for the child to keep.
- Bilingual Parent Guide and Activity Books are given to each and every child to take home along with a fun Milo & Moxie sticker.
What Our Community Partners Tell Us
“Milo & Moxie: Smart Safety RangersTM has made a significant impact across the state of Arizona educating children about burn prevention and fire safety. Over 35 Fire Departments have adopted the program and been trained by Arizona Burn Foundation to present this easy to use story time curriculum to children in their communities. Milo & Moxie: Smart Safety RangersTM is a welcome addition to the Fire Service public education programs in Arizona and the Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona proudly endorse it.”
—Bryan Jeffries, Chief of Staff at Mayor’s Office, City of Phoenix and President of the Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona